This page provides written instructions on how to install the .NET Engine
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
- J# Redistributable Package 2.0 REQUIRED ONLY FOR VERSIONS PRIOR TO 12.5
- (x86) Available from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18084
- (x64) Available from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15468
- (IA64) Available from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14698
- Installation Tutorial
- A .NET Engine license key (request a trial license key here)
- Go to http://windward.net/support/downloads
- Click “.NET Engine Installer”.
- Select "Run" (or save the installer file and Run once done downloading).
- Once the download is complete, click Run.
- The installer for the .NET Engine will open. Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and click Next again.
- Enter your license key and click Next. You may also enter your license key after installation.
- Choose custom settings; click Next to continue.
- Select whether or not to install Windward Reports in the Global Assembly Cache; click Next to continue.
- Click Install to begin the installation .
- After the installation is complete, information about Windward Reports for .NET Engine appears. Click Next to continue.
- Ensure the box at the bottom of the window is checked in order to open the Catapult Help Menu. Click Finish.
- Open the install directory of your Windward Reports .NET Engine.
- Open the “test” folder.
- Launch the run.bat contained in the folder to run the test sample.
- If you have not yet entered your license key, the validation will fail. Follow from Step 3 to enter your license key.
- Open the file RunReport.exe.config in a text editor.
- On line 10, add your license key. The line will look like this:
<add key=“license” value=”your_license_key” />
- Save and close.