The Data Source Wizard guides you through creating a connection to a data source.
This wizard is no longer offered in versions 15 and newer due to improved interface.
Follow the steps below to connect to any XML or SQL data source.
(Note: if you need anything special for the connection, you need to use the standard add window and create a connection string.)
- Click the down arrow on the Data Sources button located on the AutoTag Manager tab and click Datasource Wizard.
The following window will appear:
- Enter the data source name in the next window:
- Select the data source vendor:
* These values are hard-coded. They do not look for connectors.
* If you need anything special for the connection, you need to use the standard add window and create a connection string.
- Enter your credentials (if needed):
- The screens you see next will vary, depending on what type of datasource you are connecting to. For more details on specific datasource connections refer to the Types of Datasources guide.
* If you're connecting to an XML file, head to the XML Datasource Wizard.
* If you're connecting to an SQL file, head to the SQL Datasource Wizard.
- After inputting information specific to your SQL or XML datasource, you will see the following window:
Click the Test button. If successful, you will see a message that the connection was made. Click Next.
- In the next window you will see:
It will contain the default directory for imports, etc. If you leave this blank it will use the directory where the data source file is located. If the data source is not a file it will use the directory where the template is located.
- You will see one final screen:
Click Finish. The wizard will scan in the metadata. You can now see your data structure by clicking the Data Bin button on the AutoTag tab.