This article will show you how to properly install the PostgreSQL client to connect to a PostgreSQL Server.
Steps To Follow:
We will assume that you already have a PostgreSQL Server at your disposal and have downloaded the PostgreSQL client.
You can download one of the releases from the Fusion Forge web page. You can try downloading the latest, or if you prefer another version, you can try that too. They update versions often. (We do not test and support these connectors with each software release, but they do provide a lean connector that can be used reliably to connect to your PostgreSQL database): http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000140
- You will want to click on the latest release of ‘_npgsql2’.
- Select to download the ‘Setup_Npgsql-…exe’ file from the link menu.
- Once downloaded, click the .exe file to run the installer.
- Agree to the terms.
- Be sure all checkboxes are selected, and click ‘Next’.
- Choose a different destination folder, if you don’t like the default provided.
- Continue with the install.
- If you receive additional prompts from the installer, then agree and continue.
- Close the installer once it has completed.
- You have now successfully installed the PostgreSQL client.
After these steps, you will be able to see the Vendor option to connect to your PostgreSQL database in the Data Source Connector window (AutoTag Manager > Data Sources > Add).