This tag lets you insert the content of an external file into your template. The embedded document may be an image, a text file, a PDF file, or even another template! For example, you might want to import a cover sheet or company logo.
Note: Version 13 introduced an Import Tag that allows imported sub-documents bring in their own style and attributes.
For more information see the article Applying Master Styles to Imported Sub-Documents.
Your data source must contain the location (either a URL or file path) of the content to import, not the actual content itself. For example, with HTML and images, the actual HTML tags or image must not be in the data source. If the actual content is in the data source, you would use the out tag instead.
The key thing to keep in mind is that you are importing the actual content of the external file into your report. Therefore your Import Tag must point to the data source value with the specified external file’s path or URL (eg: “C:\users\smithj\documents\filename” or “http://www.sitename.com/filename”)
- You wish to import a graphic into your main template which is located at http://your.graphic.LOGO.jpg
- Your data source should contain the location of the graphic (XML example: <node1>http://your.graphic.LOGO.jpg</node1>)
- Insert your Import Tag and associate it with node1 from the previous line.
- Windward will follow the location given in node1 and import the contents located at http://your.graphic.LOGO.jpg
- A PDF file can be imported and displayed if the output format is also PDF.