With the XPath wizard in AutoTag, you have the ability to sort items in your report template either ascending, descending or perform a sort on multiple nodes.
Sorting with Xpath ascending or descending
- Select the beginning forEach tag in your template that contains the data you would like to sort by.
- Click the Wizard button on the AutoTag ribbon to open the XPath Wizard
- In the XPath Wizard, click the link "Click here to add an order by"
- Select the node you wish to sort by then choose ascending or descending.
Multiple Node Xpath Sorting
- To sort on multiple nodes, simply click the "Click her to add an order by" link under your current order by statement in the Xpath Wizard and select a second node to order by
- This will sort the data by the LastName node descending then by the Region node ascending