If you have having trouble with a template that you would like Windward Support Staff to troubleshoot, please send us a simplified version to test.
Plus, sending us a simple template can help decrease your wait time on an answer!
How to simplify your test template
Try any of the following in a copy of your original template:
- Delete all pages and tags except for the ones that you know are causing trouble.
- Highlight or otherwise mark the tag(s) that you think are causing trouble so that we can quickly locate them. Use simple things like Bold, Underline, text color, and highlighting.
What about data sources?
If you are using a data source that we will not be able to access (like a SQL server, or a data source that has private data that you cannot share), try the following:
- Send us a version of your data source using test data. Don't forget to include login credentials if those are needed.
- Use one of Windward's sample data sources to reveal the problem. Go here for a list of data sources to try and connect to -- our sample data source credentials are listed in the articles per data source).
- In each of your tags, select approximate data from the sample data source that replace your organization's data
Tell us what versions you're using
We will test the template in the version of AutoTag and the version of the Engine that you are experiencing trouble with.
- We will compare the results with tests that we run in our most up-to date versions, or in the version in which you are specifically experiencing trouble.
- In some cases we may suggest that you upgrade to a newer version.