The Drill Down tag and BI mode are DEPRECATED as of version 13.
Drill Down is a feature that creates links in your report that link to a sub-report on each value inside the drill down tag.
Creating the Base Template
- Watch the video Creating Templates for AdHoc Query for an SQL Datasource.
Creating a Sub-Report Template
- Watch the video Creating Sub-Report Templates for drill down for an SQL Datasource.
Adding the DrillDown Tag to the Main Report Template
- In the Product Sales table in the report template, add a space before the ProductName Out tag.
- Go back one space so that the out tag is no longer selected, and click the Tag Builder.
- Select Drilldown, and click the Select tab.
- Click value, then click browse.
- Browse to the location of your product sales inner file, select it, and click Open.
- Under nickname, type “[product drill].”
- Under Variables, click the more button.
- Click the dropdown menu, and expand var1. Select ProductID, and click OK.
- Click Save Tag.
- Click after the ProductName tag in the table and add a space.
- Click tags, End DrillDown tag.
- Save the file.
Entering B.I. Mode and Running a Query
- In the AutoTab Designer tab, click Go to AutoTag.
- In the AutoTag BI menu, click the dropdown for the product variable.
- Click select items, and select a few products.
- Click OK.
- Click the dropdown for the order variable.
- Click Filters, between.
- Enter June 6th of 1997 for the lower bound and June 6th of 1998 for the upper bound.
- In the AutoTag tab, click Run Query.
Viewing your Sub-Report
- Hold control and click one of the product names.
Note: You must hold control because of Microsoft Word settings.
Note: Axes can be formatted to show dates and currency correctly in either the inner template file or in the output report