We support embedding the Java Engine into an Android application. There are a few things to note when doing do.
To use Windward on an Android (Java engine) you need to do the following:
- Do not use the files (filenames generally include version numbers) bcmail.jar, bcprov.jar, bctsp.jar, iText.jar, or iTextAsian.jar.
- Do not use WindwardReports.jar
- Add droidText.jar to your classpath (or library folder).
- Add WindwardAndroid.jar to your classpath (or library folder).
The Android version does not support the following features:
- Shapes and SmartArt are only supported for DOCX -> DOCX and XLSX -> XLSX. They are ignored for all other output.
- Chart borders are only supported for DOCX -> DOCX and XLSX -> XLSX. They are ignored for all other output. The chart is still created but the border will not be rendered.