This page includes a video and instructions on how to install IntelliJ IDEA, the Java IDE used to run the examples provided in the Catapult help menu.
Installing IntelliJ IDEA
- Go to http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/index.html
- Click the “Download Now” button for the Community Edition.
- Click Save.
- Once the download is complete, click Run.
- The install wizard will open. Click Next through three windows, then click Install to begin the installation.
- Check the box to open IntelliJ, and click Finish.
- A dialog will come up asking if you would like to import settings from a previous version of IntelliJ. If you do not have a previous version, choose the first option, and click OK. Otherwise, choose the second option and follow the instructions in the dialog.
Configuring your JDK in IntelliJ
- In the IntelliJ window, click File, Project Structure.
- Under Platform settings on the left, click “SDKs.” Click the plus button at the top of the window to add an SDK.
- Select JSDK.
- Navigate to the location of your SDK and click the folder so it appears in the file path. Click OK.
- You will now see a list of Classpaths in the Project Structure Dialog. Click OK.