These files can be used to create a command-line .class file which is equivalent to the example located in the /test folder of the Java Engine installation directory as implemented in the run.bat file (java net.windward.xmlreport.RunReport template.rtf report.htm -xml order.xml). The RunReport application will accommodate a variety of data source types.
Click Here to download the source code and PDF instructions for this example.
Open the Command Line Project
- Open Catapult. (Found under Start -> All Programs -> Windward Studios -> Windward Reports Java Engine -> Java Engine Help launcher)
- In the Catapult Menu, click the Command-Line Tab.
- Click the Comand Line IntelliJ Project File button.
Run the code
- On the toolbar on the top of the IntelliJ window, click the run icon.
Note: If you get an error message stating ‘Cannot start compiler: the SDK is not specified for module “RunReport”’, your Java Development Kit is not correctly configured with IntelliJ. See our documentation on installing and Configuring IntelliJ for assistance.
- In the Command-Line tab in Catapult, click Source Directory.
- Open the Invoice.pdf file – your report output.