This page contains instructions and a video on how to install the Windward Java Engine.
- Java 7
- For older versions of the engine able to run Java 1.5 and earlier, the Sun JAI Image IO Library is recommended if you have images in your templates.*
- A Java Engine license key (request a trial license key here)
- Tutorial on how to install the requirements can be found here.
*The JAI Image library is not actually required for the Engine to run, however for older versions of Java it provides a substantial performance improvement. For newer versions of Java it is not necessary, as most of it has been moved into the standard Java library.
- Once the download is complete, click Run.
- The installer for the Java Engine will open. Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and click Next again.
- Enter your license key and click Next. You may also enter your license key after installation.
- Choose custom settings; click Next to continue.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- After the installation is complete, information about Windward Reports for Java Engine appears. Click Next to continue.
- Ensure the box at the bottom of the window is checked in order to open the Catapult Help Menu. Click Finish.
- In the Catapult menu, click the Utilities tab.
- Click Validate This Java Engine Installation to ensure the Engine was properly installed.
If you have not yet entered your license key, the validation will fail. Follow from step 14 to enter your license key.
- Open the install directory of your Windward Reports .NET Engine.
- Open the file WindwardReports.properties in a text editor.
- On line 4, add your license key. The line will look like this:
- Save and close.
- Open the “test” folder.
- Open the file “WindwardReports.properties” in a text editor.
- On line 4, add your license key again. The line will look like this:
- Save and close.
Next, we go through installing the Java Engine requirements. If you have already done so, click here to skip to the "Getting Started" guide.