This example is implemented as a wrapper around the Windward Reports C# API and provides a C++ interface to users who do not use the Common Language Runtime (CLR).
- Windward .NET Engine
- Available from the Windward downloads page.
- Catapult is included with .NET Engine installation, and contains the sample itself
- Visual Studio 2005
- Open Catapult. (Found under Start -> All Programs -> Windward Studios -> Windward Reports .NET Engine -> .Net Engine Help Launcher)
- In the Catapult menu, click the C++ tab.
- Click the Source Directory button.
- Go up one folder level to the folder “CPPCommandLineSample.”
- Run the file copy_dlls.bat.
- Close the source folder.
- Click the Project File button.
- Right click on the RunReportCPP project in the solution explorer and select Properties.
- Click Configuration Properties -> Debugging.
- In the Command Arguments field, enter “Template.rtf report.pdf –xml order.xml”
- Click OK.
- Select Release from the dropdown in the main toolbar.
- Click Build, Reubild Solution.
- Once the build has completed, click the run icon.
- When the code has completed running, press the enter key to exit the command prompt.
The report.pdf file can be found by returning to catapult and opening the source directory.
The following are required to be placed in the same folder as your executable file.
- Your compiled executable, let's call it app.exe.
- A configuration file that must be the name of the executable with a .config extension. If your executable's name is app.exe then the configuration file must be app.exe.config. The configuration file should include your Windward Reports license (modify the following snippet as required):
[add key="license" value="---YOUR-LICENSE-KEY-GOES-HERE---"/]
- WindwardReportsCPP.dll - the C++ wrapper.
- WindwardReportsAPI.dll and additional DLLs from the .NET reporting engine. This might be omitted if you have Windward Reports components registered in the global assembly cache (GAC).
- vjsnativ.dll - Microsoft Visual J# class library native implementation. You generally will need to copy this from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727.