This is a simple VB forms app to show how to use our engine with VB. It includes one VB file called VBexample.vb, this includes 2 functions, SqlReport and XmlReport, which generate a report using MS SQL and XML respectively.
- Windward .NET Engine
- Available from the Windward downloads page.
- Visual Studio (2005 or later)
- Click Here to download the source code and PDF instructions for this example.
Open the Project File
- Open Catapult. (Found under Start -> All Programs -> Windward Studios -> Windward Reports .NET Engine -> .NET Engine Help Launcher)
- In the Catapult menu, click the VB Tab.
- Click the Visual Basic Project File button for either Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2005.
Run the code
- On the toolbar at the top of the Visual Studio window, click the Debug icon. The “Windward Visual Basic Example” dialog will come up.
Generate an Reports
- Click the “Generate SQL Report” button to generate a report from an SQL data source, and click the “Generate XML Report” button to generate a report from an XML data source.
- In the VB tab in Catapult, click Source Directory.
- Navigate to VisualBasicExample\Windward VB Example\bin\Debug
- Open the Sql Report.pdf and Xml Report.pdf files – your report outputs.