This article provides an overview of how to resolve the issue where an image or video may appear to be broken on the Windward Wiki.
Important note: If you are using Firefox, you may be experiencing a known issue. Click to learn more about Vimeo videos in Firefox.
In some cases, a "broken" image or video is really a cached page issue. This issue is caused by a cached page or cookies that exist in the web browser viewing the wiki. The steps below will help you clearing your web browser's cache so that images can be correctly shown.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Clear your browser's cache. Procedures on how to execute this will vary depending on your browser. A search with your browser's name and version and the keywords "clear cache" will return pages that will give browser specific instructions.
- Shut down all instances of the browser.
- Restart the browser and visit the page experiencing the issue to determine if the problem was resolved. If not proceed to step 4.
- Restart the Operating System.
- When the operating system starts, try to load the page again.
If the issue persists, please email us with a link to the problem page and a description of the issue and we will get it fixed. Thanks!