This page offers instructions on how to install Python, the httplib2 library, Eclipse, and Pydev - the requirements to run the RESTful Engine Client Python Sample. This information is provided as a courtesy, but Windward does not support these products.
Installing Python 2.7
1. Go to http://python.org/.
2. Click on the “Windows Installer” link under Quick Links (2.7.2) on the left side of the window.
3. Click Save to download.
4. When the download is complete, click Run.
5. The installer for Python will open. Click Next to begin.
6. Choose an install directory and click Next.
7. Click Next to begin the installation.
8. Once the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the installer.
Installing the httplib2 Library
1. Now that Python is installed, we can install the httplib2 add-on library.
3. Click the download link for the zip file of the most recent version of the library (version 2.0.8 shown here).
4. Click the download link at the top of the page.
5. Click Save to download.
6. Open the Downloads folder (C:/Users/Your_Username/Downloads).
7. Right click the file httplib2, go to WinZip, and then click “Extract to here”.
Note: If you don’t have WinZip, unzip the file using another program then continue from step 8.
8. Open the httplib2-(version number) folder/python2.
9. Copy the folder “httplib2”.
10. Navigate to C:/Python27/Lib and paste.
Installing Eclipse 3.6.2
2. On the right, click the download link appropriate to your operating system.
3. Click the download link at the top of the page, or select a mirror site.
4. Click Save.
5. Open the downloads folder.
6. Right click the Eclipse zip file, go to WinZip, and click “Extract to…”
7. Navigate to the location where you would like Eclipse to be saved and click unzip.
Note: Eclipse does not save with other programs downloaded on your computer. It is opened and run from the location where you unzip the folder.
8. Open the folder eclipse, and double click the file eclipse.exe to open Eclipse.
1. Open Eclipse.
2. Click Help, install new software.
3. In the Install window, click Add.
4. Under Name, type "Pydev and Pydev Extentions". Under Location, type "http://pydev.org/updates".
5. Click OK.
6. Select the Pydev and Pydev Extentions site from the drop down menu.
Check the box next to PyDev.
Uncheck the box next to “Contact all update sites during install to find required software.”
7. Click Next again, accept the license agreement, and click Finish.
8. Restart Eclipse for the changes to take effect.